You start the process of applying for a residential college through eVision. You will need to select your qualification first then click Apply Now to register. You only need to complete one application when applying for accommodation, indicating your three preferences. To initiate your Te Puna portal login you will need to visit the Residential Colleges and Uni Flats link under the My Details box on the home page on eVision.

Apply now for a place at a residential college or the University Flats

Applications for full-year and semester 1 accommodation for 2023 open on 1 August 2022.

Important dates for residential colleges

Date Event
1 August Applications open for full-year and semester 1 accommodation
15 September Confidential school reference is forwarded from school to Student Accommodation Centre
30 September* Full academic year accommodation applications for the residential colleges should be made before this date for selection on 2 October
7 October Applicants will be advised if they have an offer of accommodation or are on the general waiting list from 2pm on this date
21 October Acceptances need to have been received by the residential colleges

* Although 30 September is the last day for the accommodation applications to be processed for the first round of offers, it is recommended that students should have their accommodation applications submitted by 27 September to be processed in time.

Applications continue to be accepted after 30 September, but will not be considered for the first round of offers.

Students who are applying for a residential college and are currently studying at another university will be unable to have their application processed until they have been sent an unconditional offer.

Common Confidential Reference

  • If you attended a New Zealand secondary school in 2021 or 2022, you will require a Common Confidential Reference completed by your school on your behalf
    Make an online request for a Common Confidential Reference from your school
  • If you did not attend a New Zealand secondary school, but attended school in another country in 2021 or 2022, you need to print the CCRF form below, complete section A, then forward it to your school for completion
    Common Confidential Reference Form (PDF 85KB)
  • If you are applying for an undergraduate residential college and did not attend secondary school in the past two years, you are required to provide the contact details for two character references (options for character referees include employers and health professionals). These should be emailed to and will be attached to your accommodation application. These must be provided to be considered for a place in a residential college

Further information

Last updated 13/05/2022 01.27 PM

Did this answer your question?