When you select your papers in eVision, the system will automatically enforce paper selection rules, such as checking that you have completed any prerequisite papers.
If you want to select a paper that is not allowed by the paper selection rules in eVision, you will need to request Special Permission to do so.
The main reasons for requesting Special Permission are:
- You don’t have a prerequisite or co-requisite (or if you are a Study Abroad or inbound exchange student and you have met the prerequisite at your home institution)
- The paper is not normally available for your chosen programme
- You wish to repeat a paper that you have already passed (you will also need to enrol for this paper under a Certificate of Proficiency)
- To take a Special Topic paper with the same paper code (but different content) as one you have already passed
- To request to add a paper after the deadline for adding that paper has passed
Applications for Special Permission are submitted from the Review and Submit page at the end of the paper selection process in eVision.
If all the papers you wish to take require Special Permission, continue past the main paper selection page without selecting any papers until you reach the Review and Submit page.
Special Permission is different to Departmental Permission.