Once your staff mailbox has been migrated to Microsoft 365 (formerly known as Office 365), you will need to remove and re-add your email account in your Outlook app if you use an Android device.
When you are advised that your email account migration is complete, do the following:
- Launch Outlook and tap the top-left home icon to find your account.
- Tap the Settings cog in the bottom left.
- Tap your staff email (Exchange) account in the list under Accounts.
- At the bottom of this screen, select Delete Account, and confirm the request when prompted.
- You have now deleted your account from Outlook and can re-add it by tapping Get Started.
- Type in your staff email address as requested (in the format email@example.com) and tap Continue. If you are experiencing issues after typing in your staff email, please try again using the format firstname.lastname@example.org
- Outlook will open a window to the Otago Microsoft 365 Logon page. If not already filled in, enter your email address and your staff account password.
- If you are off-campus or using mobile data, you may now be prompted for multi-factor authentication (MFA). For more information about this, see the related answer: Multi-factor authentication (MFA). Tap Open Authenticator and log in, or if using SMS, just log in.
- Your account has now been re-added to Outlook and can be used again. Your email and calendar may take a short time to re-sync and appear correctly within the app.
Please contact AskOtago if you need assistance: