Once your staff mailbox has been migrated to Microsoft 365 (formerly known as Office 365), you will need to remove and re-add your email account in your Mail for macOS application on your computer.
Microsoft 365 mailboxes can only be added to Mac Mail on devices running macOS 10.14 (Mojave) and later. You can check what version of macOS you are using by clicking the Apple logo in the top left corner of your screen, and clicking About This Mac.
When you are advised that your email account migration is complete, do the following:
- Launch the Mail app for macOS. Click on Mail at the top and select Preferences from the drop-down menu.
- Select your Otago staff email account and click the minus button (if prompted, click the Internet Accounts option and remove the account there as well).
- When the account has been removed, quit the Mail application by clicking on Mail in the top left corner and clicking Quit Mail.
- Reopen Mail, and go back to the accounts area as per step 1.
- Click the plus symbol to re-add your account. Or select the Exchange option if the plus symbol is greyed out.
- Enter your account details (in the format firstname.lastname@example.org) and click Sign-in, then click Sign-In again if prompted.
- Enter your account details on the next screen.
- Check the options you wish to synchronise:
- You can now close the Internet Accounts window if it is still open and re-open Mail and your email should be available again.
Please contact AskOtago if you need assistance: