Once your staff mailbox has been migrated to Office 365, you will need to remove and re-add your email account in your Outlook for macOS on your computer.
When you are advised that your email account migration is complete, do the following:
- Launch Outlook. Click on Outlook at the top and select Preferences from the drop-down menu.
- Click Accounts.
- Select the minus option and remove your existing account (this may take a few minutes).
- Restart Outlook by clicking Outlook in the top left corner of your screen and clicking Quit Outlook, then once there is no black dot by the Outlook icon in your dock, click the icon to reopen.
- Navigate back to the Accounts area by clicking Outlook > Preferences > Accounts.
- Click the Add Email Account button to begin re-adding your account. If you already have other accounts added, you may not see the Add Email Account button. If you cannot see this button, please click the plus (+) in order to add another email account.
- Work through the steps to add your email account. After entering your staff email and pressing the Continue button you should be prompted for your University staff username and password. If you are experiencing issues after typing in your staff email, please try again using the format email@example.com
- If successful, you will see a completion message. Click Done.
- Your account has now been re-added to Outlook and can be used again. Your email and calendar may take a short time to re-sync and appear correctly within the app.
Please contact AskOtago if you need assistance:
Tel +64 3 479 7000 or 0800 80 80 98