To change your legal name on University records you will need to provide either an original or certified (witnessed/notarised) copy of evidence of name change (e.g. marriage certificate, civil union certificate, deed poll, amended birth certificate) to AskOtago.

You can upload certified documentation to eVision through the Request a change field in the Application form or My details sections.

Log in to eVision

Alternatively, you can visit the AskOtago Central Hub in the Information Services Building, Dunedin campus, or contact AskOtago:

Freephone 0800 80 80 98 (within New Zealand)
Tel +64 3 479 7000

If you need to make changes prior to graduating, the documentation should be provided at least 5 weeks prior to the ceremony.


To have a name change reflected in University records please refer to the Human Resources webpage: How to update your details

Last updated 24/05/2022 09.29 AM

Did this answer your question?