If you have been experiencing challenges using the Examplify application on your desktop computer or laptop, you may need to undertake a "clean reinstall" of the application. If you are getting a "tamper test failure" or "internal inconsistency" error, you will also need to reinstall.
- Uninstalling Examplify in Windows
- Reinstalling Examplify in Windows
- Uninstalling Examplify in macOS
- Reinstalling Examplify in macOS
- At the bottom left of your screen, click on the Windows icon and type settings (or click on the Windows icon and then the Settings icon (looks like an illustration of a gear). Under Settings, select Apps.
- Select Examplify, then click the Uninstall button.
- Follow the on-screen instructions to remove Examplify from your computer.
- Once you have uninstalled Examplify, open File Explorer and type the following into the address bar: C:\Program Files (x86)
- Locate the ExamSoft folder and rename it to examsoft.old
- In the address bar, type: C:\ProgramData
- Locate the Examplify folder and rename to: examplify.old
- In the address bar, type: C:\Users\Public\Documents
- Delete both of the .adata folders listed.
- In your Finder, navigate to the Applications folder.
- Find Examplify app and drag its icon into the trash on your dock or select Move to Trash from the drop-down menu.
- Choose Empty Trash… from the Finder menu.
- Click on the magnifying glass Search icon on the top right of your screen. Type terminal and click Enter.
- Enter the following command into the terminal window and click Enter: defaults write com.apple.finder AppleShowAllFiles YES
- Hold down the Option key on your keyboard and right-click the Finder icon on the dock. Select Relaunch.
- Click on Go in the menu at the top of your screen and choose Computer.
- Find and delete the following hidden folders:
- Go to Library > Application Support. Find the Examplify folder and rename it to examplify.OLD
- Restart your computer to finish installing Examplify.
If you continue to experience issues, please contact AskOtago: