Asked to enter a resume code during the identification process
If there are issues with your microphone and camera, or your microphone and camera permissions are not set correctly, you should be prompted at the beginning of your exam to go to your computer's Settings and set your permissions correctly. You may also be prompted to provide a resume code when trying to authenticate using ExamID or when entering the monitored exam after authentication.
ExamID and ExamMonitor require camera and microphone permissions in order to correctly invigilate the exam.
- In the first instance, close out of Examplify and check your machine has the correct permissions enabled:
- Once you have confirmed the correct permissions are enabled, please attempt to start the exam again.
- If you have confirmed that your permissions are correct but you receive the message again, reboot your machine then attempt to start the exam again.
If you continue to experience difficulties, please contact AskOtago immediately for further assistance:
Asked to enter a resume code because of internet connectivity
You may receive a resume code prompt if you have an internet connectivity issue at the start of the exam (the internet is required for ExamID verification).
- Close out of Examplify at the resume code screen, then disconnect from and reconnect to the internet. Confirm that you are connected to the internet by performing a Google search or going to a website you do not frequently visit.
- If your internet connection is fine but you receive the message again, reboot your machine and attempt to start the examination again.
If you continue to experience difficulties, please contact AskOtago immediately for further assistance.
Asked to provide a resume code during the examination
If your computer or laptop has shut down or restarted at any point during the examination, you will be prompted to enter a resume code. Please contact AskOtago immediately for further assistance.