As soon as you realise your passport is missing, contact the New Zealand Police and file a lost property report (this needs to be within 24 hours if you will be claiming insurance).

Location of Dunedin Central Police Station

Once you've filed your lost property report, make several copies of this report as you might need a copy for your embassy, visa transfer, and insurance.

You will need to contact your nearest embassy, consulate, or high commission and ask for instructions on how to obtain a new passport. You can find your nearest embassy, consulate, or high commission on the New Zealand Ministry of Foreign Affairs and Trade website:

New Zealand Foreign Affairs & Trade—Foreign representatives to New Zealand

Once you receive your new passport, please come into the International Office, in the north end of the Clocktower Building, and speak to the Student Visa Services team to see how you obtain a replacement student visa:

International staff and location

The costs involved in replacing your passport may be covered by your insurance policy. For help with your insurance claims, International Student Advisers are available from 11am until 2pm for walk-in appointments, or you can:

Book an appointment between 2pm and 4pm or

Last updated 09/09/2021 01.29 PM

Did this answer your question?