You need to contact your nearest embassy, consulate or high commission and ask for instructions on how to renew your passport.

New Zealand Foreign Affairs & Trade—Foreign representatives to New Zealand

If you need a letter from the University to confirm you're a full-time student, you can download it from your eVision portal, under Programmes and Papers.

You need to send your passport away well before it expires because once it's returned, you'll need to apply for a new student visa or visa transfer.

Contact as soon as your new passport arrives.

Last updated 16/09/2021 03.36 PM

Did this answer your question?