If your department is using the uniFLOW/FollowMe print system for printing, your departmental IT support may have already set up the correct printer on your computer. However if the printers do not automatically show as available to print, or need to be updated, you can install the latest version using the Quick instructions or Full (PDF) instructions below:
Quick instructions for Windows
- Click on the Windows icon or tap the Windows key.
- Copy and paste
\\unf-rpsd-p02.registry.otago.ac.nz\UO_uniFLOW_Printinto the search box.
- When the dialogue box pops up, enter your University username with the prefix student\ (if student) or registry\ (if staff) and your password. Tick the Remember my Credentials box.
- Once the installer is complete you will have a new printer/queue called UO_uniFLOW_Print.
Quick instructions for Mac
- Download the MacOS UOPrint driver installer.dmg file from the link below:
Set up Otago uniFLOW macOS.dmg [right click and 'save link as'] to download.
- Right-click on the file and select Open to run it.
- Follow the instructions through the install process.
- Once the installer is complete you will have a new printer/queue called UO Print.
- The first time you print a document you should be prompted for your username and password. Enter your University username with the prefix student\ (if student) or registry\ (if staff) and your password. Tick the Remember this password in my keychain box.
- If this box does not appear, follow the detailed instructions in the Canon Printers uniFLOW Authentication for Mac OS pdf below.
Adobe products print queue
Some Mac users may experience issues printing jobs from Adobe documents (e.g. Adobe Acrobat). The majority of the time the issue will be that the document which is printed will be a blank document.
A new printer driver has been added to the Software Centre which will allow users to print Adobe products. This printer driver is named 'uniFLOW printers with PostScript driver' in the Software Centre, and when installed is named 'UO Print (Postscript)' when selecting your print queue in the print preview screen.
Full instructions including screenshots
- Canon Printers uniFLOW Authentication for Mac OS (PDF 489KB)
- Canon Printers uniFLOW Installation for macOS (PDF 114KB)
- Canon Printers uniFLOW Installation for Linux (PDF 142KB)
- Canon Printers uniFLOW Installation for Windows 7 (PDF 252KB)
- Canon Printers uniFLOW Installation for Windows 10 (PDF 237KB)