uniFLOW printers, or "Uniprintstations", are multifunction devices/printers (MFDs) that can be accessed in the libraries and student computer areas of all University of Otago campuses. These printers can:
- Double-sided print and copy
- Copy and scan in both colour and black and white
- Print colour and black and white in one document (this will be charged accordingly)
- Receive print jobs from University-owned student computers or from your own computer or device
Releasing a print job
See the related answer for how to send your print job to the print queue: Student printing at Otago
- Log in to the printer:
- Swipe your ID card, or
- Press the AD Login box to enter your student or staff username and password
- You will see these choices on the screen:
- Press the Secure Print button.
- Select the jobs you wish to print and press Print and Delete (or press Print All to print all jobs).
- The balance of your printing account is shown at the top left.
- Further finishing options can be found by pressing the Options button (see below).
- Press the Logout button to log out of your printing account.
Changing your print settings
You can use the Options button on the printer touchscreen to change the following settings:
- Color Mode: swap between colour and black & white
- Copy count: number of copies
- Duplex: double-sided printing on long or short edge (see below)
- Page Range: e.g. print only pages 4 to 9
The best way to print double-sided is to send your print job from the computer as a normal, single-sided job, then change it at the printer.
On the printer touchscreen:
- Select the job you wish to print double-sided.
- Press Options.
- Under the Duplex option choose Long Edge (for portrait documents) or Short Edge (for landscape documents).
- Press Print + Delete.
You can use the uniFLOW printer as a photocopier to copy documents:
- Log in to the printer (see above).
- Click on the Copy button to access the Uniprintstation's photocopier functions.
- Place your original face down on the scanning plate (with the corner of the document aligned with the red arrow in the top left), or face up in the document feeder to copy multiple pages at once.
- Click on the green Start button for the printer to scan and then print your documents.
- Click the Log out link at the bottom of the screen to log out, and remove your copies and originals when you are finished.
The funds stored on your ID card are used to pay for your copies.
Change any settings by using the options on the screen or by tapping the Options button.
If your page is not A4 the printer will ask you to select a page size. Choose A4 and OK, then press the Start button again.
You can also scan documents on a uniFLOW printer:
- Log in to the printer (see above).
- Click on the Scan and Send button if you want to send the scanned document as an attachment to your student or staff email address.
Click on the Scan and Store button to save the scanned document to your USB.
- Place your original face down on the scanning plate (with the corner of the document aligned with the red arrow in the top left), or face up in the document feeder to scan multiple pages at once. To add more pages to the same file, put your next document on the scanner, and press the Start button on the printer. Repeat until done and press Start Sending/Storing.
- Scanning to email: press Send to Myself.
Scanning to USB: plug your USB stick in at the right-hand side of printer and choose it from the list on the touchscreen. Choose a location on your USB to save your file, then press Scan to go to the Options screen. Wait while the printer scans your document.
- Click the Log out link at the bottom of the screen to log out, and remove your USB and originals when you are finished.
There is no cost for scanning.
You can't send a fax from a uniFLOW printer, but if you need to send a fax you can use the University's fax service: