Library eResources should be available via all devices while using University of Otago campus networks. If you have lost your access to library resources, use this guide to troubleshoot the problem:
- On-campus access
- Off-campus access
If you are connected to a campus network (UO_WIFI, UO-STAFF, UO-EXTERNAL, UO-STUDENT or wired network on campus), an IT support specialist may need to examine your device in person.
If you are an undergraduate student, please contact AskOtago Student IT Services for support:
AskOtago Student IT ServicesAskOtago Student IT Services
If you are a staff member or postgraduate student, contact AskOtago who will refer your request for support to your local IT support hub:
If you are a visitor or have been previously a University of Otago student or staff member, you may need to consult the business you purchased the device from or a specialist IT/AV support company. The University of Otago support services are only available to current University of Otago students and staff
If you are connected to an off-campus network such as home internet, another institution’s network, public Wi-Fi, etc., please test your account's off-campus access to Library eResources online:
- Test response: Username not found
- Test response: Username found
- Test response: Invalid username and password
If the result of the test was "<yourusername> not found in library electronic resources users", off-campus access to library eResources is not currently enabled for your account.
If you are:
- A University of Otago student, your access to all electronic resources at the University of Otago is linked to your enrolment. You must be enrolled for study in the next semester period to gain off-campus access to Library eResources. Once your enrolment is confirmed your access will be granted one month before your course begins. If there are issues with your enrolment status you will not be able to access resources. Please contact AskOtago Student IT ServicesAskOtago Student IT Services for further information.
- A University of Otago postgraduate student requiring extended access, you will need to raise this issue with your supervisor. Your department will need to lodge a request with the Graduate Research Office to extend your library eResources access for the purpose of making corrections or publishing your thesis. Send the details of the request to: firstname.lastname@example.org
See the related answer for further information: About EZproxy and Library E-resources
- A University of Otago staff member, contact AskOtago. All current staff members should be able to access library eResources so your employment status may need to be checked with HR or the problem may need to be referred to your local IT support hub.
- An Otago Polytechnic student, you should be able to access Otago Polytechnic eResources using EZproxy. Use your Otago Polytechnic username and password to log into the Library catalogue, databases, My Library Account, and to access the Library’s interloan service. If you are having problems accessing EZproxy, please contact Otago Polytechnic technical support.
See the related answer for further information: About EZproxy and Library E-resourcesAbout EZproxy and Library E-resources
If you have the following current external username type:
- Clinical Lecturer
- FRACS/RACP Student
- Non-Otago Staff
- Language Centre - UOLC or Foundation Year — UOFY
contact AskOtago to check your status in the system as you should be able to access library eResources.
If none of the above apply to you but you think you should be able to access library electronic resources at the University of Otago, you may still meet the eligibility requirements for access even if you are not in one of these groups. If you would like to enquire whether you meet the requirements, you will need to apply for an external username then apply for access to Library eResources once your external account is created:
If the result of the test was "<yourusername> found in library electronic resources users", your issue is not related to Library eResources access. Check your access to other University online resources such as eVision or Blackboard. If you can’t log in to other services, you should contact AskOtago or Student IT Services:
If you can log into other services, you should try clearing your browser cache and cookies. Try to access the library resources again. If this still doesn’t work you should contact contact AskOtago or Student IT Services as above.
If the result of the test came up "invalid username or password", you may have submitted invalid credentials. Check your username and password and see the following answers for more information: