A University external username may be required to access IT services and to provide a University ID card if you do not have an employment agreement with the University, or if you are not an enrolled student.

If you wish to apply for an external University username, first read the Guidelines and Information (linked below) to make sure you are eligible.

To request an account, complete the External Username/IDCard form (linked below). You will need authorisation from the relevant Head of Department or their delegated authority.

University Username and ID Card Guidelines and Information (PDF 484KB)
External Username/ID Card Access Request form

If the reason for your request is to access Library E-resources, check your eligibility first before completing the form:

Off-Campus Access to Library E-resources

Otago Medical School Clinical Lecturers who are not entered into the University payroll system may receive a Clinical Lecturer external account which includes access to Library E-resources. If you are unsure whether you come under this category or not, please contact your department.

If you require University resource access due to PhD supervision, please see the related answer:

External PhD supervisors

Visiting students who will be on campus for more than seven days during their visit will have their account automatically created for them as part of the Sojourn registration process:

About Sojourn

If you have forgotten your username, it is printed on the front of your ID card. If you don't have an ID card you can contact AskOtago for assistance:

Freephone 0800 80 80 98 (within New Zealand)
Tel +64 3 479 7000
Email university@otago.ac.nz

Last updated 07/03/2022 12.16 PM

Did this answer your question?