You can log in to your StudentMail account online at:
Sending email in StudentMail
To send an email:
- Click on the New message link in the top left of your StudentMail
- To quickly reply to, forward, or delete an email, use the icons at the top of the reading pane for that email
- There are more options available by clicking on the ellipsis (...) dots
Use the search bar at the top of the screen to find an email in your mailboxes.
To move an email into a particular folder in StudentMail, you can either:
- Left-click on the email and drag it into your chosen folder, or
- Right-click on the email for the pop-up menu, and choose the Move option (if you are using a Mac without right-click enabled, hold the Control key down and click on the email for the pop-up menu options).
Creating new folders
To create a new folder in StudentMail:
- Right-click on the Folders heading in the left side menu.
- If you wish to create a subfolder, right-click the parent folder under the Folders heading (not under Favorites)
- Select Create new folder and name the folder.
Using the To Do function
Creating tasks in your StudentMail is a good way to keep track of your assignment progress and organise your study.
To add a new task:
- Open To Do on the left-most menu bar (looks like a tick).
- Select Tasks at the bottom of the left-hand list.
- Click on Add a task and enter a name for your task.
- Click on your new task to add steps, reminders, or a due date in the right-hand menu.
To add a new contact in StudentMail:
- Open People on the left-most menu bar.
- Select New contact at the top of the page.
- To create a contact list or group, click on the downwards arrow instead
- Fill out the appropriate boxes and click Create.
The name displayed in your StudentMail is initially set up from your "Preferred Known Name" in eVision.
Contact AskOtago IT if you need to change your display name or need more help with using your StudentMail: