The Zoom Support blog has in-depth information for staff and students about using Zoom at Otago, including how to install the Zoom app, signing in to Zoom, updating your Zoom profile, and setting audio and video options:
- Getting Started and Further Information about Zoom
- Zoom Online Meetings
- Signing in with the Desktop Application
Video tutorials are also available on the Zoom website to help you with using Zoom:
Role-based accounts and Zoom
You don't need to create a role-based account to use for Zoom, you can just use your personal username and password to log in. If you have any questions about using a role-based account for Zoom, please contact AskOtago.
Maximum duration/numbers for a Zoom meeting
The maximum number of participants or attendees you can have for a Zoom meeting set up using your University of Otago Zoom account is 300 participants. There is no limit to the duration of your Zoom meeting.
Installing Zoom on a Windows 10 computer
- In the search window on the Taskbar, type
software centerthen click on the Software Center app in the search results.
- The Applications screen that opens first in Software Center will show some default applications, Zoom Client for Meetings is one of these.
- Click on the Zoom icon, then click the Install button.
- Once the Install button changes to Installed, your installation of Zoom is complete.
Contact AskOtago if you need help or support while using the Zoom videoconferencing service: