An overnight stopover is allowed if it is en route to New Zealand on a long-haul flight. For example, if you are coming from the UK you may request one night’s stopover in either Asia (Singapore) or the United States (Los Angeles).

You'll need to get approval from the University before you leave.

If you wish to stop somewhere on the way for a holiday, you'll need to pay for the difference in flight costs and all associated holiday costs.

For further assistance contact the University's Relocation Co-ordinator by emailing

Last updated 19/07/2021 03.01 PM

Did this answer your question?