Pūtea Tautoko is a support fund for students facing serious financial hardship as a result of the COVID-19 situation.
Applications are now open via the My finances section of a student's eVision portal.
Before applying to Pūtea Tautoko, you should make sure your personal details, New Zealand bank account, and home address in eVision are up to date.
As part of the application, you will be asked to indicate:
- A referee
- Details of your current financial support, such as scholarships, living costs, student allowances, personal savings, earnings from paid work, family support, COVID-19 related support, or any other income
The referee you nominate should be someone who knows your circumstances. Please make sure you let your referee know you are applying, and that they have the information required to attest to your situation.
- If you are in a Residential College, this will normally be your Head of College.
- If you are a postgraduate or senior undergraduate student it could be a supervisor, lecturer, or tutor.
- You may instead wish to approach a staff member from Student Health, Disabilities Information and Support, Te Huka Mātauraka, the Pacific Islands Centre, Graduate Research School, or a community leader who knows your situation.
- If you are enrolled into a programme that has a primary supervisor listed in eVision, the form will be pre-populated with the supervisor's details, but you can amend this if you need to.
Latest updates for students related to COVID-19 are available on a dedicated webpage: