You can apply for the Health Sciences Professional programmes and Health Sciences Restricted Entry programmes between 1 August and 15 September for entry in the following year (except for the "Alternative" entry category for Medicine, which is open for applications between 1 April and 1 May for entry in the following year).
New students intending to study a Health Sciences Professional programme:
You must normally enrol for the Health Sciences First Year (HSFY) programme as your first year of study. During the second semester of the HSFY programme you can apply for entry into a Professional programme for the following year.
Health Sciences Undergraduate Professional programmes include:
- Bachelor of Dental Surgery (BDS)
- Bachelor of Medicine and Bachelor of Surgery (MB ChB)
- Bachelor of Medical Laboratory Science (BMLSc)
- Bachelor of Pharmacy (BPharm)
- Bachelor of Physiotherapy (BPhty)
Health Sciences Undergraduate Restricted Entry programmes include:
- Bachelor of Dental Technology (BDentTech)
- Bachelor of Oral Health (BOH)
- Bachelor of Radiation Therapy (BRT)
The Bachelor of Health Sciences (BHealSc) and the Bachelor of Biomedical Science First year (BSFY) are different to the Health Sciences First Year (HSFY) programme. If you are intending to apply for one of the Health Sciences Professional programmes listed above, based on your performance in your first year of study, you will need to enrol in the Health Sciences First year programme.
Please seek course advice if you wish to discuss which programme is right for you: