Unendorsed Diploma for Graduates (DipGrad)

If you've done extra papers during your degree and want to use them, you can build on them to earn a DipGrad. All you need are seven papers of which at least four are at 300-level. The papers may be from several different subjects, so an unendorsed DipGrad is flexible and perfect for people who have broad interests.

Endorsed Diploma for Graduates (DipGrad)

This is more specialised, and the focus of your papers is on a specific subject as if you were acquiring an extra major. You will need a minimum of seven papers, of which four must be at 300-level or above.  

Some endorsements may require more than seven papers, and it will depend on your academic background and future study plans as to the final number of papers required, and if more than four papers at 300 level would be required.

If the endorsement is approved, the diploma you receive will mention the name of the subject so that people are aware that your course was equivalent to majoring in that subject. Endorsements can only be in subjects offered as a major for Bachelor of Arts, Bachelor of Applied Science, Bachelor of Theology, Bachelor of Science, Bachelor of Commerce (excluding Tourism), and Bachelor of Health Sciences.  You cannot do an endorsed DipGrad in a minor subject.

Specialist endorsements are available in Advertising, Buddhist Studies, Information and Communications Technology, Sports Business, and Tourism. Email dipgrad@otago.ac.nz to discuss your DipGrad plans, or make a time to speak with a Student Adviser.

Further information

Last updated 17/07/2020 01.32 PM

Did this answer your question?