Preferential Entry is a Entry Pathway for the admission of high-calibre students applying for general bachelors' degrees and other undergraduate courses. The Entry Pathway system does not apply to international students.
If you apply by the specified deadlines and meet certain criteria you are guaranteed a place at Otago, provided that you achieve a university entrance qualification and fulfil minimum age and language requirements.
Additional courses subject to the Entry Pathways system include:
- Health Sciences First Year
- Surveying First Year
- Bachelor of Laws (first year only)
- Certificate of Proficiency (for undergraduate papers)
- Social Work Pre-Professional
- Diploma in Language
- Diploma in Global Cultures
and other intermediate courses.