If you are having an issue connecting to a Wi-Fi network that is not solved by forgetting the network and reconnecting, then you may need to perform a network reset by following the instructions below:
Please note that a network reset in Windows 10 will remove saved passwords for all Wi-Fi networks the device has previously connected to.
- Open Settings.
- Click on Network & Internet.
- Click on Status.
- Click the Network reset option at the bottom on this menu.
- Click the Reset now button.
- Click the Yes button. Wait for the computer to restart and then attempt to reconnect to the network.
Please note that a network reset in Windows 7 will remove saved passwords for all Wi-Fi networks the device has previously connected to.
- Click Start and type command in the search box. Right-click on Command Prompt and choose Run as administrator.
- Type the following commands, pressing Enter after each command:
- netsh int ip reset reset.txt
- netsh winsock reset
- Restart the computer.
- Open Finder.
- In the Menu bar (across the top of the screen) select Go and then Go to Folder.
- Type /Library/Preferences/SystemConfiguration/ and click Go.
- This will open the System Configuration files and then delete the following files:
- Do not empty the Trash yet.
- Restart the computer and attempt to connect to the network again.
- If you are successfully able to connect to the network, you can then empty the Trash.
- Open the Settings app on your Android device.
- Scroll to and tap either "General management" or "System," depending on what device you have.
- Tap either "Reset" or "Reset options."
- Tap the words "Reset network settings."
- You'll have to confirm that you want to reset your network settings. Do so.
Please note that a network reset in iOS also resets Wi-Fi networks and passwords, cellular settings, and VPN and APN settings that you've used before.
- Go to your phone's Settings.
- Press General then Reset.
- Press Reset Network Settings.
If you have any problems connecting to the network, contact AskOtago IT:
Tel +64 3 479 7000 or 0800 80 80 98