If you have created a local contact list/group in Outlook and need to share it with other users, you can attach and send it via an email using the following method:
Sending a local contact list/group via email
- Open a new message.
- Open Contacts (the icon of two people in the lower left corner of Outlook).
- Drag the distribution list from Contacts into the message body.
Note: You may need to adjust the message and the Contacts window so that they're visible at the same time.
- Send the message.
Receiving a local contact list/group via email
- Open the email containing the contact group.
- In Outlook, open the Contacts view.
- Drag the Contact Group attachment from the email message onto the desired Contacts folder. Outlook automatically creates the contact entries for you.
If you need to make changes to the contact list and have these changes sync between multiple users, the list will need to be set up as an distribution group within the email system. Please submit a request to ITS with a list of the email addresses that need to be in the list:
If you have any questions about this, please contact AskOtago IT:
Tel +64 3 479 7000 or 0800 80 80 98