On approval of your application, the following alternative examination arrangements are available if you will be sitting digital delivery online Blackboard, Moodle or ExamSoft examinations:
- Extra time - calculated and automatically available when you starts the examination
- Rest breaks/medical breaks - these will be invigilated using Zoom. The invigilator will record the break times to be added to the end of the examination and will advise you when you must stop and submit your examination. Information will be provided regarding invigilation after applications have been approved.
- Reader - you will work with a reader using Zoom's screen sharing capabilities. Training will be provided after applications have been approved.
- Writer - you will work with a writer using Zoom's screen sharing and remote control capabilities. Training will be provided after applications have been approved.
- Reader/Writer - you will work with a reader/writer using Zoom's screen sharing and remote control capabilities. Training will be provided after applications have been approved.
Invigilation of rest breaks/medical breaks, reading, writing, and reading/writing is done by a person, not AI or accessibility software.
- ExamSoft examinations only (ACCT211, ACCT222, ACCT233, ACCT302, ACCT315, ACTP311, ACTP411, BLAW211, CELS 191, CHEM191, HUBS191 and PHSI191) - you must apply for permission to have food, medication, drinks, glucose testing kits, medical devices, or aids. Permission is not needed for non-ExamSoft examinations.
The following alternative arrangements and supports are NOT available:
- Additional spelling support - spell-checker is available in Blackboard, Moodle, and ExamSoft, and most internet browsers have spell-checking enabled by default. If you are doing a Blackboard or Moodle test, check in advance that spell-check is turned on in your browser
- Furniture cannot be provided (for example, height adjustable tables, gas-lift chairs, or lamps)
- Coloured or enlarged examination scripts
- Changes to rooming environments (for example, separate rooms or natural light rooms)
- Prompting or timekeeping support