If you are sitting an exam in the "ExamSoft" digital format, you will need to use the "Examplify" app which is free to download:
University staff will use ExamSoft cloud-based software for creating and delivering your digital exam.
Why is the University using ExamSoft?
- ExamSoft is specifically designed for mid-to-high stakes assessments. Most of ExamSoft’s clients use the software to complement their Learning Management Systems.
- Exams are sat off-line – downloaded, completed offline, then uploaded – which eliminates the major risks of:
- Internet connection problems during a 1- to 3- hour exam
- Students accidentally exiting the exam
- A photo is taken of you before you sit your exam - during a mandatory no-stakes Preparation Exam that lets you practise using the software - and during your real exam/s to verify your identity
- You can be remotely invigilated (supervised) while sitting your exam via your web camera and microphone
- Your access to the internet, along with your access to files and apps on your computer, will be blocked while you are sitting your exam/s
ExamSoft and Examplify often call invigilation "proctoring" or refer to "the proctor" rather than the invigilator.