If you are sitting an exam in the "ExamSoft" digital format, you will need to use the "Examplify" app which is free to download:
University staff will use ExamSoft cloud-based software for creating and delivering digital assessments and exams.
Why is the University using ExamSoft?
- ExamSoft is specifically designed for mid-to-high stakes assessments and exams. Most of ExamSoft’s clients use the software to complement their Learning Management Systems (mostly Blackboard)
- Exams are sat offline — downloaded, completed offline, then uploaded — which eliminates the major risks of:
- Internet connection problems during an assessment/exam
- Students accidentally exiting the assessment/exam
- A photo is taken of you before you sit your assessment/exam — during a mandatory no-stakes Preparation Exam that lets you practise using the software — and during your real assessment/exam to verify your identity
- You can be remotely invigilated (supervised) while sitting your assessment/exam via your web camera and microphone
- Your access to the internet, along with your access to files and apps on your computer, will be blocked while you are sitting your assessment/exam
ExamSoft and Examplify often call invigilation "proctoring" or refer to "the proctor" rather than the invigilator.