Once your staff mailbox has been migrated to Microsoft 365 (formerly known as Office 365), you will need to remove and re-add your email account in your Outlook app if you use an iOS device.
When you are advised that your email account migration is complete, do the following:
- Launch Outlook and tap the top-left home icon to find your account.
- Tap the Settings cog in the bottom left.
- Tap your staff email (Exchange) account in the list under Mail Accounts.
- Tap Delete Account at the bottom, then tap Delete From This Device to confirm deletion.
- You have now deleted your account from Outlook and can re-add it by tapping Add Mail Account then selecting Add Email Account on the next screen.
- Type in your staff email address and tap Sign In with Office 365. If you experience issues after typing in your staff email, please try again using the format email@example.com
- If you are off-campus or using mobile data, you may now be prompted for MFA—for more information about this, see the related answer: Multi-factor authentication (MFA). Tap Open Authenticator and log in, or if using SMS, just log in.
- You should now be prompted to Approve sign-in (either by receiving an SMS or using the Authenticator app). If this fails, you can tap the Sign in another way link and request the prompt again.
- Your account has now been re-added to Outlook and can be used again. Your email and calendar may take a short time to re-sync and appear correctly within the app.
Please contact AskOtago if you need assistance: