If you're studying at the University you can apply for a new student visa through the International Office provided you meet satisfactory academic progress as defined by the Academic Progress Policy.

If your current status under the Academic Progress Policy is either "warning" or "conditional enrolment" you will not be able to apply for a new student visa on campus. You will need to apply directly to Immigration New Zealand through Immigration online or by completing a paper-based application.

You will need to contact the Student Visa Services team to request a confirmation of enrolment letter for the new student visa application.

If you have any questions about the application process or your status please contact our Student Visa Services team. They are located at the International Office, at the north end of the Clocktower Building, and are available between 10am and 4pm, Monday to Friday, or email student.visa@otago.ac.nz

Further information

Last updated 09/08/2019 02.40 PM
Did this answer your question?