Once your staff mailbox has beeen migrated to Office 365, you will need to remove and re-add your email account in your Mail app if you use an iOS device. A reminder that Outlook for iOS is the preferred application at the University of Otago - see the related answer: Removing/re-adding staff email in Outlook for iOS post-migration
When you are advised that your email account migration is complete, do the following:
- To delete your staff email account from Mail, go to your Settings app in iOS and scroll down to select Passwords and Accounts.
- Tap on your work email account.
- Tap Delete Account at the bottom then tap Delete to confirm the deletion.
- Re-add your account by tapping Add Account and selecting Microsoft Exchange.
- Type in your email address (you can also add a description), then tap Next.
- Tap the Sign in button, then log in using your staff email address and associated password on the next screen and tap Sign in.
- If you are off-campus or using mobile data, you will now be prompted for MFA - for more information about this, see the related answer: Multi-factor authentication (MFA). Use the Authenticator app to approve, or the SMS code, depending on how you have configured MFA.
- You may be prompted to sign in to Apple Internet Accounts, tap Continue.
- Select the options you wish to synchronise, i.e. Mail/Calendar/Contacts, and tap Save in the top right of your screen.
- Your email account is now set up in Mail. Your mail and calendar may take a short time to fully download.
Please contact AskOtago if you need assistance:
Tel +64 3 479 7000 or 0800 80 80 98