Once your staff mailbox has beeen migrated to Microsoft 365 (formerly known as Office 365), you will need to remove and re-add your email account in your Mail app if you use an iOS device. A reminder that Outlook for iOS is the preferred application at the University of Otago—see the related answer: Removing/re-adding staff email in Outlook for iOS post-migration
When you are advised that your email account migration is complete, do the following:
- To delete your staff email account from Mail, go to your Settings app in iOS and scroll down to select Passwords and Accounts (This option might be located under Mail instead of Passwords and Accounts on newer versions of iPhones):
- Tap on your work email account.
- Tap Delete Account at the bottom then tap Delete to confirm the deletion.
- Re-add your account by tapping Add Account and selecting Microsoft Exchange.
- Type in your staff email address (you can also add a description), then tap Next. If you are experiencing issues after typing in your staff email, please try again using the format email@example.com
- Tap the Sign in button, then log in using your staff email address and associated password on the next screen and tap Sign in. Note that you may be directed to a Microsoft page requesting your password, in which case please enter the password associated with your account.
- If you are off-campus or using mobile data, you will now be prompted for MFA for more information about this, see the related answer: Multi-factor authentication (MFA). Use the Authenticator app to approve, or the SMS code, depending on how you have configured MFA.
- You may be prompted to sign in to Apple Internet Accounts, tap Continue.
- Select the options you wish to synchronise, i.e. Mail/Calendar/Contacts, and tap Save in the top right of your screen.
- Your email account is now set up in Mail. Your mail and calendar may take a short time to fully download.
Please contact AskOtago if you need assistance: