After your mailbox is migrated to the Office 365 servers in the cloud, you will need to make a small configuration change to your Windows machine. If this isn't done, Outlook won’t realise that it should now be using the Modern Authentication required by Office 365 and it will continuously prompt you for your username and password. To make sure Outlook uses this newer authentication method, a small file needs to be installed to change the settings on your computer. This fix is only required for Windows.
If you log on to your Windows computer using your University username i.e. bonja07p, you should not need to do the below. Simply restart your computer after the migration to Office 365.
Once you have been advised that your email account migration is completed, do the following:
- Close Outlook.
- Download the file attached at the bottom of this page: Add_O365_Authentication.reg
- Find the file in your Downloads folder or where you downloaded it and double-click on it.
- Click Yes if prompted to allow the change (you may be prompted twice).
- Click OK. The configuration change has now been made and you can reopen and start using Outlook.
- If you need to undo this fix, please contact AskOtago IT.
After being migrated to Office 365 you may need to remove and re-add any role-based/shared mailboxes you have access to. You may also need to do this after the role-based/shared mailbox is migrated to Office 365.
If you are having any issues with a role-based/shared mailbox after migration to Office 365, please try removing and re-adding the mailbox. You can find instructions for doing this in the related answer: Accessing/removing a role-based generic mailbox.
Please contact AskOtago if you need assistance:
Tel +64 3 479 7000 or 0800 80 80 98