Ask at any New Zealand bank about their "student account". You'll need to take:

  • identification (ID)
  • your Offer of Place from the University, and
  • evidence of your current address

You may be asked to provide your tax ID number from your home country. Students from some countries (e.g. USA) may be asked to apply for an IRD number (New Zealand's tax ID number) for reporting interest income to your home country.

Further information

Last updated 26/09/2018 06.31 PM
Did this answer your question?