When you add your files and folders to OneDrive, you will be able to access them from anywhere, on almost any device. To add files or folders:
- Sign in to Office 365 using your University email and password, then navigate to the OneDrive icon on the left-hand side.
- Click New to create a file or folder.
- Once a file or folder is in OneDrive, you will have the option to download the file or folder, or give access to others by sharing the file.
To share the file, either click the Share icon or select the file and click the Share option in the toolbar at the top of the screen.
- You can then specify who is able to view the file and whether or not they are allowed to edit the file.
- To share a file or folder with a specific person, enter their email address and they will receive an email with the link.
Please note, if you have not corresponded with them previously, this may be marked as spam.
If a file in OneDrive is edited or updated, you can revert to older versions by right-clicking on the file and selecting the Version history option in the menu. This lets you Open (and then copy from) previous versions, or make an older version the current one with the Restore command.
For more help with using OneDrive, see the Microsoft Office support site: