I know the answers to my challenge questions
If you have already set up password challenge questions in the Password Management system, you can reset your own password, via the Identity Self Service Console [opens in a new window].
- Enter your username into the User Login field. Click the Next button (on the right).
- Enter the answers for each challenge question shown. Your answers are not case-sensitive. (If you don't remember choosing the challenge questions shown, and are unable to enter correct answers, please contact AskOtago and ask for your password to be reset).
- Enter a new password.
- If you click on the information (i) button beside the Enter new password field, you will see a pop-out box explaining the Password Policy (password rules). Note that the list of the forbidden characters includes spaces
- Create a new password that meets the rules (see Creating strong passwords for a guide). Enter this new password into the Enter new password field.
- Type this new password again into the Re-enter new password field.
- Click the Save button on the right-hand side.
- Sign out.
- You should receive a message that your password has been reset. Click on the Back to Login button. Sign out of the Identity Self Service console by using the Sign Out link under your username at the top right of the page.
If you have forgotten your University of Otago password as well as the answers to your challenge questions, or you have not set up challenge questions, contact AskOtago to have your password reset:
Tel +64 3 479 7000 or 0800 80 80 98
You can then:
- Check the answers to your challenge questions
- Change the answers to your challenge questions, or
- Choose new challenge questions
If a system has advised your account has been locked due to too many incorrect attempts, resetting your password will not automatically resolve that. Please advise AskOtago if you are encountering this error.