When you change your password, it changes for all applications and systems with that particular Otago username and password combination.
- Accessing your emails via Outlook or a device
- Logging into your staff computer or student desktop
- Staff Web Kiosk
- StudentMail and StaffMail
- Wi-Fi access
When you change your password, you should update it on all of your devices so that they don’t try to use the old one.
Email accounts and Wi-Fi are often set up to automatically connect using saved credentials, so be sure to change your password promptly for them, as too many incorrect attempts to authenticate will lock your account, removing your access for 30 minutes.
You can change your password through the Self-Service Password Management system.
Changing your iOS device wireless password
You will need to forget and then reconnect to the network.
- Go to Settings > Wi-Fi.
- Tap on the name of the network or the arrow beside it.
- Tap on Forget this network, then click Forget in the pop-up prompt.
- Return to your Wi-Fi networks list, choose the wireless network again, enter your username and new password and click Join.
- Accept/trust the security certificate if you are prompted.
Changing settings for email access on your iOS device
First, ensure you are connected to wireless or mobile data.
- Go to Settings and select Accounts & Passwords. If your mobile device uses iOS 10 or earlier, you will find the Accounts section under Mail, Contacts, Calendars instead.
- Tap on your staff email account, change your password, and then click Done.
Changing your Android device wireless password
If the network is currently available for you to connect to, follow the instructions below. If it is not (i.e. you are off campus), simply update the network once you are back on campus.
- Go to Settings > Network & Internet > Wi-Fi.
- Open the network settings.
- If you are already connected to the UO_WIFI network, tap the UO_WIFI entry in the network list, then tap on the pencil icon in the top right corner.
- If you are not currently connected to the network, long press (tap and hold) on the UO_WIFI entry in the network list, then tap Modify network.
- Once you have opened the network settings, you can change your password by tapping in the Password field (you may need to scroll down) and entering a new password, then tapping Save.
Changing settings for email access on your Android device
If you have a Microsoft 365 mailbox, the Outlook app will prompt you to sign in with your new credentials within one hour of changing your password.
If you do not have a Microsoft 365 mailbox, first ensure you are connected to Wi-Fi or mobile data, then follow the steps below:
- Go to Settings > Accounts.
- Tap on your staff email address.
- Select Account settings or tap on your staff email again.
- Scroll down until you find Incoming settings under Server settings.
- Update your password in the password field.
- Tap Next.
Your password has now been updated.
Contact AskOtago if you still have issues after you have updated all your passwords: