Students who fail more than half of their points in a year will be placed on conditional enrolment in the next subsequent year that they enrol at Otago.
If you are placed on conditional enrolment
If you are placed on conditional enrolment you will be notified by an alert in your eVision portal.
Read the alert carefully as it contains important information.
To ensure you have the best chance of academic success, the following rules will be applied to your study if you are placed on conditional enrolment:
- No timetable clashes will be approved.
- A maximum of three 18-point papers each semester is permitted and if enrolling in Summer School you may take one paper only.
- You must meet the pre-requisites for the papers you wish to enrol in.
- Any previously approved Final Examination Only (FEO) enrolments may be cancelled.
In addition to these rules, you must also provide a study plan before your course can be approved for the year. A link to the study plan template can be found in the eVision alert about your conditional enrolment status, or you can download it from the link below:
- Study plan for conditional enrolment (PDF 91.7KB)
If you are placed on conditional enrolment you should also seek advice from a Designated Adviser of Studies. To contact or make an appointment:
Return to normal enrolment
If you are on conditional enrolment and pass more than half of the points for the year for which you are on conditional enrolment, you will return to a normal enrolment and no restrictions are placed on your study. However, if you do not pass more than half of your points while on conditional enrolment you will be suspended from the University of Otago for two years.
- Academic Progress Policy
- Course approval process
- Review the outcome of Course approval
- Suspension from study