Academic staff should use the Academic Conference, Study and Professional Attendance form to apply for:
- All University travel
- All conference attendance, including any fully funded by an external organisation
- All online conference attendance
- Conference leave (as referred to in the Conference Leave policy)
- Professional Development leave (as referred to in the Academic Staff (Non-medical/Dental) Employment Agreement)
- Shorter periods of Research and Study leave appended to Conference Leave (as referred to in the Research and Study Leave policy)
For groups travelling to attend, each person needs to complete a form.
Students, professional staff, and external people using school budgets to travel on University business or requiring conference attendance funding (including online) should seek approval from the PVC's office via the OURDrive form. Lodge the form in the name of the associated academic staff member/supervisor with the details about whom it is actually for in either the justification box, or by adding an attachment
See the related answer for more information and access to the leave forms:
The form does not cover substantive Research and Study leave. For further information about this type of leave, refer to the HR website:
For further information on how to complete the form or the process, please speak to your Client Service Administrator.
Feedback on the process and resources is welcomed. Please email email@example.com