The University of Otago offers guest printing (including copying and scanning) via PIN code access. It is similar to student printing with three steps:
- Top up your guest account.
- Send your print job to the print system.
- Print out your physical document from any student printer (Uniprintstation) on campus.
Another option for guest printing is the Uniprint Shop, a public printshop that also provides printing services:
Guest printing cards
You can pick up a guest printing card from Uniprint or Student IT Services. Your card will have a unique PIN that you can use to load credit and log in to the printers.
You can top up your card at any of the top-up kiosks on campus, or in person at Uniprint. Just enter your PIN at the kiosk to log in, then load the amount you want to add as credit on the card.
Sending a document
Sending a document to the printer from a USB drive
There are two public-access computers that can be used to open documents from a USB drive. These are located at the west end of the AskOtago Central Hub, on the ground floor of the Central Library.
These computers CAN:
- Open and view USB contents
- Visit any University of Otago domain webpages
- Open, view, and edit Word documents
- Open and view PDF documents
- Search the Library catalogue
- Open the Student Desktop in the web browser (alternately if you have access to the Student Desktop access you can use any of the dedicated Student Desktop computers around campus)
- Search Google
- Visit any non-Otago websites (including personal email or cloud storage)
- Log in to StudentMail
- Print to the Uniprintshop
Sending a document to the printer from a personal laptop
You can send a document by printing using an mPrint print driver. Once this is downloaded and installed, print to the mPrint printer from any print menu, and then log in to the printer with your PIN to release your print job.
Logging into a printer (and printing a document)
Log in to any student printer on campus by choosing PIN code at the bottom right of the touchscreen and using your account PIN. Now you can print out any jobs you have sent to the print queue, plus you can use the printer to scan or copy.