The printer says "Load Paper"
This actually doesn’t mean that the printer is out of paper! It means that the print job is needing a paper format that isn’t loaded into this specific device (usually A3 or B4). This is common when some lecturers have course handouts on non-standard paper sizes.
To fix this:
- Press the Status Monitor/Cancel bottom at the bottom left of the screen.
- Make sure the selected tray is A4 and contains paper. If not, select another tray using the touchscreen.
- Press the OK button.
My document won’t print
If it is a large document and/or has many images it may take a few minutes to download onto the printer before it prints. The Sending/Receiving light will be flashing if this is the case.
Check that you have enough printing balance to print the document. This is shown on the top left of the print list after you sign in. If you have selected a page range to print on the printer you will still need enough balance to print the entire document (even though you’ll only be charged for the page range).
The printer is out of paper or toner
Please do not attempt to replace paper or toner yourself. Instead, let Student IT know:
My document isn’t showing in the print list when I log in
- If you have sent it through @Print, make sure it is a supported file type
- Remember that documents only sit in the print queue for about 3 hours before being deleted
- Documents may take up to 10 minutes to turn up, especially if the printing system is busy
- Try sending the print job through again via the Student Desktop
Use the printer refund form if you have been unfairly charged for a print job: