If you are already using the Cisco AnyConnect client to connect to another VPN with your computer or device, you can also use it to access the VPN service at the University of Otago:
- In AnyConnect, type the URL of the VPN service into the space next to the Connect button:
You will be prompted to enter your University staff username and password to connect.
- If you don't need to use the VPN connection straight away, disconnect using the Connect button. The next time you connect you will use the UO-VPN-STAFF connection profile.
- First you will need to create a new VPN connection in AnyConnect. Click the Add VPN Connection… setting and enter the URL of the UO-VPN service for the new connection:
vpn.staff.otago.ac.nz/UO-VPN-STAFFIf you need to give this connection a name, just use something you will recognise, like "Work" — this is just a temporary connection and will be deleted once you download the new connection profile.
- You will be prompted to enter your University username and password. Once you are connected, the VPN service will load a new VPN connection, UO-VPN-STAFF, into your devices's VPN settings and AnyConnect.
- Next you need to disconnect from the initial VPN connection and reconnect using the UO-VPN-STAFF profile by tapping on the UO-VPN-STAFF entry in AnyConnect. This option will give you the best connection to the VPN service.
- Delete the initial
vpn.staff.otago.ac.nz/UO-VPN-STAFFentry once you have successfully connected with UO-VPN-STAFF.
Please contact AskOtago if you are already using AnyConnect on a Linux computer or Android device to connect to another network and need to add a connection for the University of Otago: