If you have received an .ics file in an email for a training booking or other appointment, this is an iCalendar file which you can add to your Outlook calendar by double-clicking on the attachment.
If you want to subscribe to an iCalendar and have been provided with a link ending in .ics you can add this to Outlook in two different ways:
- Save the .ics link to your computer somewhere where it is easy to find.
- Go to File > Open & Import > Open Calendar.
- Browse to the location of the link and click on it to open.
- Copy the .ics link.
- in Outlook > Calendar, right-click on the area in the bottom left for Other Calendars.
- Go to Add Calendar > From Internet...
- Paste the calendar link into the pop-up box.