Creating new pages
You can start a new page on your Otago Wiki in two ways.
Using the URL in the Address Bar:
- The URL to a page on an Otago Wiki is usually: http://yourwikiname.wiki.otago.ac.nz/ARTICLE
- If you replace
ARTICLEwith the name of the page you wish to create, you will be taken to a blank page which shows that no page of that name exists yet.
- Click the edit link at the top of the page and create the new page by typing your text.
- Click Submit to save your changes.
- Create a link to a blank page called PageName by inserting the code: [[PageName | Link text]].
- Click the red link to take you to the edit page for the new article.
- Type your text, click Save and the new page will be created.
See the basic guide on the Wiki Usage page for how to format the text in your Otago Wiki:
To edit an Otago Wiki page:
- Click the Edit link that appears on each page
- Make changes on the form that shows the existing content
- Click the Save button
If someone has updated an Otago Wiki page incorrectly, you can edit the page to correct the information.
Every time an Otago Wiki page is updated, the previous entry is saved into its history so nothing is permanently overwritten. You can go back to a previous version of the page by using the History tab under the main banner. You can then:
- view which people have made changes
- roll back to a previous version of the page, or
- compare two different versions of the page
Contact AskOtago if you need help accessing the history of your wiki page:
Tel +64 3 479 7000 or 0800 80 80 98
You can upload the following file types to your Otago Wiki:
- PNG - Portable Network Graphics images
- GIF - Graphic Interchange Format images
- JPG/JPEG - Joint Photographic Experts Group images
- PPT - Powerpoint/Impress/Keynote
- PDF - Portable Document Format
- DOC - Word/Pages/Write
- XLS - Excel/Calc
- ZIP - PKZipped compressed files
Contact AskOtago if you need to delete your wiki.
If you need help using or customising your Otago Wiki: