Please refer to the important information on this page first:

COVID-19 information for graduate research candidates

If you have a deferral or are planning to defer for some part of a calendar year, you will still need to start re-enrolment before 1 December.

This also applies if you will only need a Semester 2 enrolment. An approved deferral from 1 January to 31 December on your record means you do not need to re-enrol for study in the re-enrolment year.

Requests for deferral are made through eVision:

  1. Log in to eVision
  2. Click on the My Research window
  3. Click Deferral request, then follow the onscreen instructions.

Extending deferral

If you wish to extend your deferral, you can submit another deferral request through eVision or alternatively, you can complete the following form:

Request for Deferral from Research Component

Shortening deferral

eVision allows you to apply for a minimum deferral period of two months. If you need to shorten your deferral, email (copy in your primary supervisor) with your name, student ID and the reason for the change in deferral dates. Note that the deferral can only be shortened to a minimum of one month. It also may mean you will need to enrol in a previous semester and you will incur fees for this.

Deferral and StudyLink EFTS

If you are deferred for part of a semester, so that you remain enrolled in a thesis paper in that semester, the University will report this to Studylink as the full EFTS of that paper enrolment. Please contact Studylink if you have any questions about how your deferral will affect your total StudyLink lifetime limit.

Further information

Re-enrolment for returning doctoral candidates

Last updated 27/08/2021 11.19 AM

Did this answer your question?