The majority of PhD candidates, both international and domestic, pay domestic fees for PhD study. However if you are an international student, to qualify for domestic fees you must reside in New Zealand during your studies. Up to 12 months' overseas research leave may be approved, which should be requested on a Request for Change of Research Details form, accessible from the Graduate Research School Forms, Policies and Guidelines page:

Forms, Policies and Guidelines

Further information

Tuition fees guide

Last updated 12/01/2021 11.58 AM

Did this answer your question?