Once you have course declared you will be able to connect to both UO_WIFI and UO-STUDENT.
UO_WIFI is the new University "future state" network. It is faster and should be your first choice where available.
Wireless is available all over campus at these locations:
Instructions for accessing wireless on a Mac laptop
- Click the wireless icon in the top right-hand corner of your screen
- Double-click either UO_WIFI or UO-STUDENT from the list of available wireless networks
- Enter your student username and password and click Join
- Verify the network certificate by clicking on Continue
- If it's your first time connecting to that network you will be prompted for your computer's username and password
- Check that you are connected to the network
You can also watch the instructional video on YouTube:
If you have questions or for assistance with connecting to wireless, contact AskOtago Student IT Services in person at the AskOtago Central Hub, Dunedin campus, or: