Once you have course declared you will be able to connect to both UO_WIFI and UO-STUDENT.
UO_WIFI is the new University "future state" network. It is faster and should be your first choice where available.
Wireless is available all over campus including in Residential Colleges.
Instructions for accessing wireless on a Mac laptop
- Click the wireless icon in the top right-hand corner of your screen.
- Double-click either UO_WIFI or UO-STUDENT from the list of available wireless networks.
- Enter your student username and password and click Join.
- Verify the network certificate by clicking on Continue.
- If it's your first time connecting to that network you will be prompted for your computer's username and password (not necessarily the same as your username and password).
- Check that you are connected to the network.
You can also watch the instructional video on YouTube:
If you have questions or for assistance with connecting to wireless, contact AskOtago Student IT Services in person at the AskOtago Central Hub, Dunedin campus, or: