Once you have course declared you will be able to connect to both UO_WIFI and UO-STUDENT.
UO_WIFI is the new University "future state" network. It is faster and should be your first choice where available.
Wireless is available all over campus including in Residential Colleges.
Instructions for accessing wireless on a Windows laptop
- Click the wireless/WiFi icon located in the toolbar at the bottom right-hand corner of your screen
- Select either UO_WIFI or UO-STUDENT and click Connect
- Enter your University of Otago student username and password and click OK
- If you are prompted with a Continue connecting? window click Connect
- Check that you are connected to the network
You can also watch the instructional video on YouTube:
If you have questions or for assistance with connecting to wireless, contact AskOtago Student IT Services in person at the AskOtago Central Hub, Dunedin campus, or: