Your student OneDrive is a place where you can store files "in the cloud". You have at least 1TB of storage space. OneDrive is a Microsoft product, and is accessible from:
- Your StudentMail
- The Student Desktop
- Your computer (by using the OneDrive app)
If you have files saved in your University of Otago OneDrive, you will lose access to these when your StudentMail is disabled.
Accessing and downloading your OneDrive files
- Log in to your StudentMail account using your username and password, then click on the grid of nine dots (top left) and choose OneDrive. This will show your files, if you have any.
- Select the files you want to download. (Tip: click on the first item then hold down the Shift key and select items using the Down Arrow key).
- Right-click (Ctrl-Click on a Mac) and choose Download from the menu.
- A zip file will be transferred to your Downloads folder on your computer. You can usually open the zip file by finding it in your Downloads folder and double-clicking on it. You will get the option to "unzip" the files.
- This will make the files available on your computer. From here, you can store them and/or transfer them to an external drive or other online storage such as Dropbox, Google Drive, iCloud, or OneDrive on a personal Microsoft account.
For assistance with any of this, contact AskOtago Student IT Services in person at the AskOtago Central Hub, Dunedin campus, or: