With @Print you can send a print job to the University of Otago printers from any device that can send an email with an attachment. You do not need to install anything, however you must send the email from your student (or staff) email address.
Only the following file types are supported as attachments:
- Acrobat (.pdf)
- Excel (.xls, .xlsx)
- JPEG (.jpg, .jpeg)
- PowerPoint (.ppt, .pptx, .pps)
- Text (.txt)
- Word (.docx, .doc)
How to Use @Print
- Log in to StudentMail or your staff email account on your device:
- Address an email to one of the following addresses:
On the UOC campus use:
On the UOW campus use:
- Attach your file/s and send the email.
- Release your print job as usual at any Uniprintstation or MFD printer on campus.
Converting files to PDFs
Unsupported file types must first be turned into PDFs before being printed directly through @Print. This can be done by setting up a "Print to PDF" printer on the device. Options include CutePDF for Windows or PDF Writer for MacOS.
- There may already be a "Microsoft Print to PDF" printer set up in Windows 10
- MacOS has the option to save as a PDF by using the drop-down menu in the lower left of the system print dialogue, but this doesn’t work for some applications
Please contact AskStudent IT if you need help with @Print. You can speak to an AskStudent IT Representative in person at the AskOtago Central Hub on the Dunedin campus, or: