mPrint allows you to print from any program (through the normal print menu) directly to any printer on any campus. It works on Mac or Windows computers or laptops by using a a campus-specific print driver that you download and install onto your machine.
You can install the print drivers for more than one campus.
mPrint installation instructions
If you already have mPrint installed, please follow the instructions under How to Uninstall mPrint below to remove the previous version first.
- Go to the mPrint Downloads page
- Click on the correct link for your location, making sure you choose from either Windows or Mac OSX
- Download the file and follow the installation instructions
- Restart your computer before using mPrint
How to Use mPrint
- Send your document to print as usual e.g. by going to File > Print
- Make sure the correct printer is chosen, e.g. mPrint Dunedin
- Click Print and a new window will open in your web browser. Log in on this page using your Otago student username and password (once you have done this your details should be saved for future printing)
- Change any options as necessary on this screen, e.g. the number of copies or if you want to print in colour
- Click Print again
- Go to any MFD/Uniprintstation printer on campus to release your print job by logging in with your student credentials or swiping your student ID card
How to Uninstall mPrint
You might need to uninstall mPrint because:
- you are leaving the University of Otago
- mPrint doesn't work as expected
- a newer version is available
Before installing a new version of mPrint, you should use these instructions to uninstall the old version to help ensure a clean install.
Uninstall mPrint – Windows
- Download the uninstaller from the mPrint Downloads page – it doesn’t matter which version you have installed as the uninstaller is the same
- Run the uninstaller
- Restart your computer
- Install a new version of mPrint if desired
Uninstall mPrint – Mac OS
1. Click the Apple symbol in the corner of your screen, choose System Preferences > Printers & Scanners
2. Select the mPrint driver – e.g. mPrint Dunedin – and remove it by clicking the minus sign
3. In Finder, choose Go > Applications
4. Drag the folder Jaws PDF Creator to the trash
5. Restart your computer, then install a new version of mPrint if desired.
Please contact AskOtago Student IT Services if you need help installing or uninstalling mPrint. You can speak to a Student IT Representative in person at the AskOtago Central Hub on the Dunedin campus, or: