Typically, you need a bachelor's degree with first or upper second-class honours or a master's degree with a substantial dissertation or thesis component. See PhD programme regulations for more detail. Equivalent qualifications and/or work experience will be considered, however it is essential that you have some research experience, whether this is:

  • a substantial thesis or dissertation as part of your study, or
  • peer-reviewed academic publications
  • equivalent professional research experience

See the Graduate Research School website for more information.

Last updated 15/04/2020 05.28 PM

Did this answer your question?